Location: 7148 W. Ogden Ave., Berwyn, Illinois
Architect: Mark T. DiGanci
Contractor: DCS Midwest, LLC
Scope of work: New Masonry
- Furnish, set-up, maintain, dismantle and remove all equipment (tube scaffolding, ladders, hand tools, etc.) necessary for the new masonry portion of the project.
- Furnish and install new thin stone veneer (approximately 345 SF.) at the base of walls as per drawings on all elevations of building. Thin stone to be based on below allowance.
- Installation to consist of covering substrate with one (1) layers of 30 lb. felt paper, fastening metal lathe over felt paper using galvanized screws/nails (1 screw/nail/staple per square foot minimum penetrating studs a minimum of 1”), applying scratch coat and lastly thin stone. Mortar to be natural gray poly modified stone veneer mortar.
- Furnish and install new stone sill above new stone knee walls as per drawings. Stone to be natural gray cast stone or limestone.
- Once thin stone has set all stone joints to be grouted and tooled to final finish.
- Furnish and install 40mil self-adhesive flashing at the base of thin stone walls as per drawings.
- Furnish, set-up, maintain, dismantle and remove all equipment (tube scaffolding, ladders, hand tools, etc.) necessary for the masonry portion of the project.
- Furnish and install new 8” natural gray split-face CMU necessary for erecting new trash enclosure walls to a height of 6’-8” as per drawings. Block is to be installed in standard running bond using natural gray type ‘S’ mortar. Mortar joints are to be tooled concave, brushed and tooled to a final finish.
- Furnish and install fully grouted bond beam course at the top of masonry walls with two (2) grade 60 #5 rebars installed.
- Vertical reinforcement to one (1) grade 60 #3 rebar installed every 24” O.C. horizontally. CMU cores containing vertical reinforcing bars to be grouted solid.
- Horizontal reinforcement to be hot-dipped galvanized ladder type wire installed in masonry coursing every 16” O.C. vertically.
- Furnish and install precast stone cap at the top of new masonry CMU walls. Caps to be anchored down using stainless steel dowels.
- Furnish and install stainless steel drip edge below stone cap as per drawings.