Location: 14 Chicago Avenue, Oak Park, Illinois
Architect: Nick Scarlatis & Associates
Contractor: TCI Contractors, LLC
Scope of work: New Masonry
- Furnish, set-up, maintain, dismantle and remove all equipment (lifts, tube scaffolding, ladders, hand tools, etc.) necessary for the new masonry portion of the project.
- Furnish and install standard gray 8” CMU necessary for erecting new CMU wall at the front elevation as per drawings (height of CMU wall to be 16’-0”). Block to be installed in a standard running bond using natural gray type “S” mortar. Mortar joints are to be tooled concave, brushed and tooled to a final finish.
- Furnish and install one (1) fully grouted bond beam course with two (2) grade 60 #5 rebar at top of wall. Install addiontal bond beam at roof joist as per section.
- Vertical reinforcement to be installed every 32” O.C. (Grade 60 #5 rebar) as per drawings.
- Horizontal reinforcement to be H.D. ladder type wire installed in masonry coursing every 16” O.C. vertically as per drawings.
- Furnish and install modular sized face brick (based on below allowance) over new CMU wall as necessary for erecting new exterior façade wall as per drawings. Brick to be installed in a standard running bond using natural gray type ‘N’ mortar. Mortar joints to be tooled concave, brushed and tooled to a final finish.
- Furnish and install
- Furnish and install approximately 80 S.F. of natural stone. Natural stone to be based on an allowance (see below).
- Installation to consist of installing stone in a random pattern using type ‘N’ mortar to the substrate using two-piece anchors every 16” O.C.
- Once stone has been anchored, all stone joints to be grouted and tooled to final finish using natural gray type N mortar.
- Furnish and install 40mil self-adhesive flashing over a 1½” stainless steel drip edge at the base of masonry walls and over openings with weep rope installed in masonry head joints every 24” O.C.
- Furnish and install stone sills above new natural stone knee walls as per drawings.
- Extend masonry wall on the rear elevation using 8” CMU and brick as per drawings (extend approximately 1’-0” higher. Brick (to match existing as close as possible) and block to be installed in a standard running bond using natural gray type ‘N’ mortar. Mortar joints to be tooled concave, brushed and tooled to a final finish.